Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Moment of Weakness


"Sometimes, there's no sense in sitting there just boiling, every now and then you've got to spill over the sides and release some steam..." ~ Darren K. Chester


Some people would call me vain for quoting myself, um, so what, I don't care. Sometimes, if you LISTEN to yourself, you'll give yourself better advice than anyone else ever could. So often, we are quick to advise others on the ins and outs of life when we could benefit from listening to a story or two as well. So, go ahead, in 2009, quote yourself, it'll add clarity to your life and it'll also add validity to your words.


OK, now that the speech is over, I owe myself an apology. Well, I owe two people an apology. I'm going to start with myself, then also give an apology to my co-conspirator. There comes a time in every one of our lives where if allowed, the daily stress of life will attempt to do a number on you. I mean, not only affect your everyday way of life but also your health, work, school, family, friends, just anything it can get its hands on. Stress is like the scrub that rides on the passenger side of his best friend's ride. A force that doesn't have to be there and rather than just sitting and being quiet, they want to roll down the window and shout out some ignant ass shit. I can't be the only person that this has happened to. Sometimes, you get so unraveled by things that normally wouldn't or shouldn't phase you that you step out of the person you are and into a body that looks nothing like you. I think Martin Lawrence said it best, "No one is immune to the trials and tribulations of life." When you read that sentence, it can mean anything to anybody, however it all boils down to the same thing...we're all human and sometimes, we go through shit. It's through going through shit that we are defined as people and that's what separates us from not only animals but each other as well. A person shouldn't be judged by what they go through, they should be judged by how they respond to what they go through. MESSAGE!!


My second apology goes to *her* in being honest with one's self, one must be open and honest with others. If help is needed, it should be sought out and asked for. A man is measured, not by how many solo missions he accomplishes, but by how many times he realizes he needs assistance and seeks it. OK, I don't really know if that's what a man is measured by, but it sounded good when I thought of it. Lol. My point is, one should never feel like what they do or have done isn't enough or appreciated...especially when they give willingly of their own free will. Deep down I know this and know it's true...but we do fall down...but, those of us that have faith know that we can get back up. *standing*


So, everyone can learn something from my own mental lapse. It is OK to have them, it happens, we are all human. It's OK to be unsure and unapologetic for it every now and then. It happens to the BEST of us. However, it's up to you to pick yourself up, brush yourself off and step forward past your trials and tribulations. Stress doesn't have to ride with you if you don't want it to. Put that bitch out on the corner and let it catch the bus. Can I get a truuuuuu??

3 comments:

  1. we all have moments like these.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a day like this at least once a month. I wish they were less frequent. However they are learning experiences.
    I love the concept of apologizing to self. Its warranted and healthy! I LOVE IT.

    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ~The PussyCat Griot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!! Follow me on Twitter _FrenchVanilla_ :D Hope you have a wonderful evening!! :)

    ReplyDelete