Wednesday, January 7, 2009

As Life Happens


Sometimes, shit happens...and there's nothing you can do about it. So, who you going to call?? - Bill Murray - Ghostbusters 2

I've been wanting to blog for the past couple of weeks now, however, I was stuck as to what I should write about. I still wasn't 100% certain as to the direction I wanted to take this blog. I'm a pretty open person, when people want to know things about me, they ask questions and I give them answers. Pretty cut and dry. However, being so open leaves me very little of myself to myself, so I've been keeping pieces of me solely to myself, just so I can have a little bit of myself to experience. I've read other blogs here and on other blog sites and some people have themed blogs or blogs that seem so calculated and exact. You can tell there was a lot of thought that put into them. Some people update daily, some weekly, others whenever the mood strikes them.

I was cleaning the tub a few minutes ago and something came to me. An idea, no, better than that, a premonition. Well, actually, it can't really be called that either...hmm, how about realization? That sounds better, I had a realization. Life isn't as calculated and exact as we'd like to think it is. No one has every detail of their life planned out down to the letter, and if they do, have them start a blog so we can all read about how they did that. I'm sure that would make for interesting reading. But, back to my "realization", often times in life, we are faced with choices that force us to make decisions that have consequences and reprecussions. You know, Newton's Third Law, say it with me class, "every action has an equal but opposite RE-action". Wow, third grade was the bomb wasn't it? I know that's a waysssssssssss back for some, but it's ok...we all tend to forget most of what we learned before puberty.

Many people do have plans and ideas for their lives, however, more often than not, we are forced to live life as it happens. It's usually the things that we haven't accounted for that end up changing our lives. I don't mean things that are unplanned or take you by surprise like a unexpected pregnancy or some type of illness, but more along the lines of maturation or change in tastes and outlooks. Let me use our President-Elect as an example. This is a person who spent 3 years at one of the most prestigious schools in the world and was ready to take the corproate world and private sector by storm. Had the bucks and plush life lined up for him. But, something in him sent him to Chicago so he could become a public servant and he is now the FIRST African American President in the history of this great country. How's that for life as it happens?

I started this blog post talking about the randomness of life. And I feel like I've come full circle. Life delivers to you choices that you must make decisions on. While it starts out random, that randomness will eventually lead you to stability, it just may not be the stability that you had originally planned for. How deep is that?? Night folks, I'll be back another time with more randomness as life happens. Peace.

2 comments:

  1. I agree...Sometimes life takes different turns on its own and we get scared of what the outcome may be for us...not realizing that the different turns were just what we needed in life in order to focus and put more important things into perspective. We'd all love to be able to live our life exactly as we planned it, however it's never really the case. We are faced with obstacles and challenges that bring moments of reflection and force us to re-evaluate life and the choices it brings to us...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life does maneuver us in its own ways sometimes, but I love that.....the element of surprise can be a beautiful thing. Where would the adventure in life be if we could plan down to a nano second? yea for randomness!

    ReplyDelete